Table of Contents
- Spread the word, like and share
- Full version of the plugin
- Insert WordPress default widgets in WYSIWYG page/post editor
- Insert WordPress default widgets in a sidebar
- Insert WordPress default widgets in template files
- WordPress default widgets list
- Custom styling
Spread the word, like and share – top
If you like this free plugin please don’t forget to spread the word, like it, share it so other people can try it too. Thanks in advance!
Description – top
Use WordPress default widgets as shortcodes. Insert WordPress default widgets anywhere in your site – page/post editor, sidebars, template files. No coding is required. It is all done in a nice and easy interface.
Full version of the plugin – top
Here are some of the features of the full version:
- OTW Grid Manager full version – responsive grid, drag & drop enabled, easier and faster way to insert rows with columns, edit for rows, columns and shortcodes/content items, live preview in the grid.
- Front-end editor – edit your layouts in the front-end of your site. It is a lot quicker and easier.
- OTW Content Sidebars – Add sidebars on the left and/or right of your pages/layouts.
- Over 40+ ready to use shortcodes/content items. See full list on the Content Manager page.
- Insert Shortcodes Anywhere – Layouts, Page Editor, Sidebars, Template files
- Insert Sidebars Anywhere – Layouts, Page Editor, Template files
- WordPress Widgets Anywhere – Layouts, Page Editor, Template files
- Import shortcodes – import shortcodes from other plugins and your theme to make them available in the OTW Grid Manager
- Custom shortcodes interface – create new custom shortcodes in a nice and easy to use interface. No coding!
- Skins interface – build new skins withing your WordPress admin area.
- Translation/Localization .po/.mo files ready to use
- Support and free updates.
Installation – top
Install the plugin just like any other WordPress plugin. Here is an article on how to install a plugin in WordPress.
Insert WordPress default widgets in WYSIWYG page/post editor – top
Create a new page or edit an existing one. In your editor option find the button called “Insert ShortCode”. Select a widget from the “WordPress widgets” dropdown. Fill in the options for your shotcode and click on “Insert”. Once you do that you will have the shortcode in your editor.
Insert WordPress default widgets in a sidebar – top
Go to your Appearance -> Widgets section. All default widgets are there.
Insert WordPress default widgets in template files – top
First thing you need to do is generate a shortcode for your widget. You can do that by using the method described in the section above called “Insert WordPress default widgets in WYSIWYG page/post editor”. Once you have generated the shortcode, copy it from the editor. Now you can insert that shortcode in any template file by using the WordPress do_shortcode function.
WordPress default widgets list – top
- Recent Posts
- Recent Comments
- Tag Cloud
Custom styling – top
If you need to further style an widget you can use the default WordPress classes for those widgets.
Localization/Internationalization – top
This plugin comes Localization/Internationalization ready. It is following WordPress I18n standards. Generate your .po .mo files and start translating.
Support – top
Since this is a free item, it is distributed as is without any support included. Feel free to modify the plugin however you like though.