Portfolio plugin for any theme. Show your work in beautiful portfolio lists. Easily, No coding. Well organized. 5 media types. Variety of templates and options.
The Portfolio Manager can also be used to create beautiful image galleries. Every template can display just the images.
How it works – The workflow
It is pretty easy to create a beautiful portfolio list or a gallery. It is all done in the plugin interface with zero coding requirement.
The short version is:
- Upload portfolio items
- Create lists
- Display the lists wherever you need them
Bellow we go in a little more details…
First you need to upload your portfolio/gallery items. Each item is a separate post similar to the default WordPress posts. You can fill in variety of options for each portfolio posts: title, description, short description, details, upload media, and choose categories and tags.
Once you have uploaded your portfolio items you can create lists with them:
- Choose a template
- Select the portfolio items to display
- Modify the layout by using the settings for your list
- Add some custom styling via the custom css field, if needed.
Once you have a list created you can display it wherever you need: your pages, your template files, your sidebars as a widget.
There is no limit for the number of portfolio items or lists you can create. Have as many as you need.
This plugin comes with 8 templates to choose from. Once you select a template then you can customize it however you want.
- Grid – Portfolio 1 col
- Grid – Portfolio 4 col
- Image Left – Portfolio 1 column
- Newspaper – Portfolio 3 columns
- Widget Style – Image Left
- Carousel 3 columns
Select and re-arrange list item’s content
For each portfolio list you can choose to show or hide the following content. You can also re-arrange it. It is all drag and drop, easy!
- Portfolio item details
- Excerpt text
- Continue reading
Single portfolio items
Portfolio items are well organized in a portfolio custom post type, categories, tags and item details. Use the Media Left template or the default theme’s post template to present your portfolio post items.
Select media types for your portfolio items / posts:
Images are optimized to save your hosting storage. Do not worry, quality stays as the original image you have uploaded.
Add a list in your site
Once you have created a portfolio list you can add it everywhere in your site:
- In page/post content area (WYSIWYG editor)
- In template files
- In a sidebar
Every list has a shortcode you can use to add the list in a page/post content area. Or add it in a template file by using the do_shortcode WordPress function. The plugin comes with a widget that can be used to add portfolio posts list in a sidebar.
Style your list using the Custom CSS class name.
This plugin comes Localization/Internationalization ready. It is following WordPress I18n standards.
There is full online documentation for Portfolio Manager Lite plugin available.
Since this is a free item, it is distributed as is without any support included. Feel free to modify the plugin however you like though.
Spread the word, like and share
If you like this free plugin please don’t forget to spread the word, like it, share it so other people can try it too. Thanks in advance!
Hey, like this? Why not share it with a buddy?Tweet
Pro version of the plugin
Check out the Portfolio Manager Pro
Some of the features of the Pro version:
- 40+ ready to use templates
- Page builder
- Tabs for single portfolio items
- Create unlimited portfolio item details
- Single post template builder
- More single portfolio options – show title, previous/next navigation, related posts, edit option titles, media cropping, lightbox
- More add list options – exclude categories, tags, authors, delimiter, Load more pagination, Infinite scroll, border and background, social icons, list title and link, click on image and title link to lightbox, 20 hover effects, strip html tags and shortcodes, edit continue reading, portfolio item details elements and order, styling interface
- Translation/Localization .po/.mo files ready to use
- Support and free updates.
Portfolio Manager Lite WordPress plugin
|WordPress||3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5|
|Browsers||Chrome, FireFox, IE10, IE11, IE8, IE9, Opera, Safari|
|Files||CSS, HTML, JS, PHP|
Category: Free Stuff, WordPress Plugins. Tags: free wordpress plugins, OTWthemes.