Table of Contents
- Spread the word, like and share
- Full version of the plugin
- How Popping Sidebars and Widgets works
- Create as many sidebars as you need
- Custom Layouts – OTW Grid Manager
- Custom styling
Spread the word, like and share – top
If you like this free plugin please don’t forget to spread the word, like it, share it so other people can try it too. Thanks in advance!
Description – top
Easily create all different kinds of popups / overlays for your WordPress site and place sidebars and widgets in them.
Full version of the plugin – top
Here are some of the features of the full version:
- Responsive Layouts in your Overlay
- Visibility options for any set of pages, page templates, posts , categories, tags, archives, custom post types, taxonomies, user roles, WPML languages, WooCommerce, bbPress, BuddyPress
- Full Bar and Side Box Positioning – Header, Footer, Left and Right
- Full Bar and Side Box – Scrolling Type
- Full Bar – Push or Over site content
- More Animations
- Multiple Activation Periods
- More Open and Close Events for all overlay types
- Custom Styling via an interface in the back-end
- Overlay First Load – Opened / Closed
- Content Position – right and center
- Show Button Label
- Hide for small screens – on / off
- Trigger from a link, button, shortcode, WP menu item
- Translation/Localization .po/.mo files ready to use
- Support and free updates.
Installation – top
Install the plugin just like any other WordPress plugin. Here is an article on how to install a plugin in WordPress.
How Popping Sidebars and Widgets works – top
- Create Sidebars – as many as you need
Go to Add sidebar in the plugin menu on the left.
- Create new Overlay / Popup and set it up
Go to Add Overlay in the plugin menu on the left.
- Create Layout and Insert Sidebars – just a few clicks with the OTW Grid Manager
In the overlay edit screen find the OTW Grid Manager metabox at the bottom of the page.
Create as many sidebars as you need – top
This plugin will allow you to create unlimited number of custom sidebars that you will be able to place in your overlays. Once a sidebar is created it will be available in Appearance -> Widgets section just like any other sidebar. Newly created sidebars can have vertical or horizontal widget alignment.
Custom Layouts – OTW Grid Manager – top
Once you are in the overlay edit screen, go down to OTW Grid Manager Light metabox. Add some rows from the “Add row” button. Then put some columns in your rows. In the columns you can place the sidebars that the users will see on your pages. The rows and the columns are the skeleton of your layout. The skeleton is to make sure your content is on the right place.
Custom styling – top
Go to Custom Styling metabox and create a new class for each overlay / popup in its edit screen so you can style it however you want.
Localization/Internationalization – top
This plugin comes Localization/Internationalization ready. It is following WordPress I18n standards. Generate your .po .mo files and start translating.
Support – top
Since this is a free item, it is distributed as is without any support included. Feel free to modify the plugin however you like though.