Table of Contents
Spread the word, like and share - top
If you like this free plugin please don’t forget to spread the word, like it, share it so other people can try it too. Thanks in advance!
Description – top
Build your custom page layout and fill it with ready to use content items. Do some custom styling to make it look the way you want.
Full version of the plugin – top
Here are some of the features of the full version:
- OTW Grid Manager full version – responsive grid, drag & drop enabled, easier and faster way to insert rows with columns, edit for rows, columns and shortcodes/content items, live preview in the grid.
- Front-end editor – edit your layouts in the front-end of your site. It is a lot quicker and easier.
- OTW Content Sidebars – Add sidebars on the left and/or right of your pages/layouts.
- Over 50+ ready to use shortcodes/content items. See full list on the Content Manager page.
- Insert Shortcodes Anywhere – Layouts, Page Editor, Sidebars, Template files
- Insert Sidebars Anywhere – Layouts, Page Editor, Template files
- WordPress Widgets Anywhere – Layouts, Page Editor, Template files
- Import shortcodes – import shortcodes from other plugins and your theme to make them available in the OTW Grid Manager
- Custom shortcodes interface – create new custom shortcodes in a nice and easy to use interface. No coding!
- Skins interface – build new skins withing your WordPress admin area.
- Translation/Localization .po/.mo files ready to use
- Support and free updates.
Installation – top
Install the plugin just like any other WordPress plugin. Here is an article on how to install a plugin in WordPress.
OTW Grid Manager Light – top
Create a new page or edit an existing one. Once you are in the page edit screen, go down bellow the content editor and look for OTW Grid Manager Light metabox. Add some rows from the “Add row” button. Then put some columns in your rows. In the columns you can place some content items that are the actual content that the users will see on your pages. The rows and the columns are the skeleton of your layout. The skeleton is to make sure your content is on the right place.
Content items – top
Content items are the actual content that will be displayed on your pages and your users will see. An item can be inserted in a column only. Go to any column and press the “Add item button”. Once you do that a popup with all available options for that item will be opened. On the right hand side in the section called “Preview” of the popup you will be able to see the changes you are doing. No need to code anything. It is all done in this easy to use interface.
Content items list (check out the content items page on the Demo site):
- Info boxes
- Unordered Lists
- Ordered Lists
- HTML editor
Custom styling and skins – top
Most of the styles like H, p, list, etc. tags will come by default from your theme so your pages created with this plugin can match your theme overall appearance. Some elements have their own styling that comes with the plugin.
What if you want to style something differently? You have the following options
- Item css class – Each content item has its own unique css class name that can be used for styling.
- Custom css class – In each item’s settings you can add your own custom css class for this item only.
- Custom skin – create a css file in the skins folder of your plugin. Then go to plugin settings page and choose this file to be loaded as a custom skin.
Localization/Internationalization – top
This plugin comes Localization/Internationalization ready. It is following WordPress I18n standards. Generate your .po .mo files and start translating.
Support – top
Since this is a free item, it is distributed as is without any support included. Feel free to modify the plugin however you like though.