Table of Contents
- Spread the word, like and share
- Full version of the plugin
- How it works
- Add a list in your site
- Blog Manager Meta box
- Custom styling
Spread the word, like and share – top
If you like this free plugin please don’t forget to spread the word, like it, share it so other people can try it too. Thanks in advance!
Description – top
Sometimes WordPress themes come with very limited blog options in terms of layout variation, content re-arrangement, etc.
Blog Manager for WordPress adds tons of blog functionality to your WordPress based website.
Full version of the plugin – top
Here are some of the features of the full version:
- 20+ ready to use templates
- Load more pagination, Infinite scroll
- List items Border and Background options
- Social icons
- Blog list title and link
- Click on image and title lightbox option
- 15 hover effects
- Meta Elements and Order
- Styling interface
- Translation/Localization .po/.mo files ready to use
- Support and free updates.
Installation – top
Install the plugin just like any other WordPress plugin. Here is an article on how to install a plugin in WordPress.
How it works – top
- Create a list.
- Add the list where you need it by using its shortcode.
- Edit the list any time.
Creating a list
Most of the settings have defaults so you can create lists within just a few minutes.
- Go to Blog Manager -> Add list
- Select the posts for your list – categories, tags, authors
- Choose template
- Select and re-arrange list content
- Select list options
- Style your list – use custom css
Once a list is created you can edit it any time from Blog Manager -> Blog lists. You can also get the shortcode for a certain list there.
Add a list in your site – top
Once you have created a list you can add it everywhere in your site
- In page/post content area (WYSIWYG editor)
- In template files
- In a sidebar
Every list has a shortcode that can be found in the Blog Manager menu -> Blog lists. You can use the shortcode to add the list in a page/post content area. You can also add it in a template file by using the do_shortcode WordPress function.
The plugin comes with a widget that can be used to add any blog posts list in a sidebar.
Blog Manager Meta box – top
Once the plugin has been activated you will notice a new metabox called Blog Manger in add/edit posts. It includes the following filed:
- Post type – choose the post type for each post.
- Post media – this is where you uploads the media for the post – image, video, etc.
Note that if post type is Image then the Blog Manager will first look for a featured image assigned to the post and if it can’t find any it will look in the Post media field. This is usefull when you already have a lot of posts with featured images. This way you will not need to upload images again.
Custom styling – top
You can go to Custom Styling in the list’s edit screen and style your lists by using css.
Localization/Internationalization – top
This plugin comes Localization/Internationalization ready. It is following WordPress I18n standards. Generate your .po .mo files and start translating.
Support – top
Since this is a free item, it is distributed as is without any support included. Feel free to modify the plugin however you like though.