Widgetized pages in WordPress are very powerful tool. Have you ever wanted to drag and drop a widget in a page content area, but the only widgetized sections of your theme are usually sidebars and footers?
Build your custom page layout and fill it with sidebars and widgets. Create as many sidebars as you need.
Easy, no coding!
How Widgetize Pages Light works:
- Create a custom sidebar(widget area)
- Insert the sidebar shortcode in the page editor wherever in the content you need it – either use the Insert Sidebar Shortcode button in the editor or copy/paste the sidebar shortcode.
Or build a custom page layout with the OTW Grid Manager, then place your sidebars in it.
- Go to your widgets section (Appearance -> Widgets) and drop some widgets in your new sidebar.
- Add any sidebar created with this plugin in any part of your wordpress site. To do that use the shortcode of the sidebar you want to add and the do_shortcode WordPress function in any of the template files of your theme.
OTW Grid Manager Light
OTW Grid Manager Light will help you build custom page layouts. Create as many rows and columns as you need. Then place your sidebars in.
Upgrade to the Pro version of this plugin
Sidebar Widget Manager – the worlds most complete Sidebar and Widget management system for WordPress including regular updates and premium support.
Here are some of the features of the full version:
- OTW Grid Manager Pro – responsive layouts, Drag and drop, edit, templates and more!
- Vertical or Horizontal widgets alignment
- Replace any theme sidebar with a custom one on any set of pages
- Sticky sidebars and widgets
- Widget visibility – display any widget on or hide it from any page
- Supports any kind of content Pages, Page templates, Posts, Categories, Tags, Archives, Custom post types, Taxonomies, Post type archives, WordPress service pages – home, front, 404, search, etc.
- OTW Content Sidebars – add custom sidebars in content for pages and posts
- WPML plugin support – display sidebars and widgets based on Language
- WooCommerce plugin support – woo pages, products, categories, tags
- bbPress plugin support – bbPress pages, forums, topics, topic tags
- BuddyPress plugin support – Activity and Members pages
- User roles – Display sidebars and widgets based on User role
- Optimized performance for large WP installations
- Translation/Localization .po/.mo files ready to use
- Support and free updates.